A third person asked me today what these headphones are that I wear all day at the office – either on my ears or loosely around my neck – so I thought it made sense to share them with everyone. They are Motorola S305′s and they are awesome. Why they are so great:
- iPhone compatibility is great, including with non-native apps like Spotify.
- They are pretty sturdy – mine have been rained on quite a bit, been smashed into my bag, and still perform flawlessly.
- They are loud enough that you can drown out other sounds, but you can still hear through them well enough that it’s safe to walk around and cross the street and whatnot.
- Batteries seem to easily last a couple full work days, although I charge mine every night along with everything else.
- They use a pretty-standard micro-USB charging plug.
- Although not great in a noisy place as the mic is way up on your ear, they double as pretty good headset, and switch back and forth seamlessly.
- Comfortable, and very, very light. I like behind-the-head styles a lot because I can drop them around my neck and still hear ambient phone noises in relative privacy. And because they don’t mess up my hair (huge downside of traditional headphones).
For the price (under $40) they are really excellent. I hope Motorola makes them forever… although mine may last that long anyway.